The heat of summer is here. Fortunately, Floracopeia has an array of essential oils to keep you cool, refreshed and grounded all summer long.
It is very important to keep yourself cool during the long hot summer days. Otherwise, an excessive amount of heat can accumulate within the body, causing irritability, skin problems, mood swings and exhaustion.
You may be surprised how effective the smart use of essential oils can be for keeping your body and mind balanced throughout the summer.
Below are the Floracopeia Staff’s Top 10 Cooling Oils for summer comfort and wellbeing, as well as our Top 10 Summer Essential Oil Uses.
- Vetiver Essential Oil– Earthy and cooling, Vetiver offers us a reprieve from the heat of summer. Floracopeia has many Vetiver products to choose from, such as Vetiver Essential Oil, Ruh Khus Essential Oil, Vetiver-Rose Attar, Vetiver White Ginger lily Attar or Savitri botanical perfume.
- Lavender Essential Oil – Universally loved, Lavender Essential Oil is soothing and cooling, making it a perfect oil for your first aid kit as well as your aromatic treasure collection. Lavender can soothe common skin care ailments that arise during summer, such as heat rash and sunburn. Lavender Essential Oil also helps cool our emotions and keep the mind focused and clear.
- Clary Sage Essential Oil – Clary Sage is a wonderful, cooling oil that calms and relaxes the nerves while clearing the head. Its ability to soothe headaches and dizziness make it a good oil to turn to for support in heat. Historically used in the treatment of hot flashes, Clary Sage Essential Oil can help us all get through the hot months of summer with ease.
- Peppermint Essential Oil – Cooling Peppermint is one of the most refreshing essential oils. One sniff of Peppermint Essential Oil, mid-day, will clear and cool the mind instantly.
- Pitta Essential Oil Blend – This blend was designed to cool Pitta, the warmest of the three doshas in Ayurveda. The combination of Lavender, Rose Geranium and Ruh Khus calms the hot emotions of irritability and anger while supporting a calm and contented outlook. This is a great essential oil blend to smell before or after a heated discussion or as the heat of the day approaches.
- Rose is the queen of cooling oils. Floracopeia offers many beautiful forms of rose: Rose Otto Essential Oil, Rose Sandalwood Attar, Rose Infused Perfume from the Chandra Collection, Rose Vetiver Attar and Rose Hydrosol. Rose Essential oil or Rose Perfume and Rose Attars can be used for anointing the forehead, pulse points and top of the head for immediate soothing and cooling. Rose Hydrosol can be sprayed over the skin and near the eyes for refreshment and relief from heat.
- Chamomile Essential Oil – Cooling and soothing, Chamomile is a wonderful oil to use for healthy inflammatory support. Chamomile Essential Oil is great for use in treating hot conditions of the skin, such as rashes, acne, and inflammation due to injury.
- Helichrysum Essential Oil – The first oil that come to mind for us in treating sport injuries, bruising or inflammation. Helichrysum is a key oil for your summer first aid kit. In addition, helichrysum is an excellent oil to incorporate into your skin care regimen due to its rejuvenating properties.
- Carrot Seed Essential Oil – Carrot Seed is another oil that is excellent for caring for summer skin. Grounding and cool, Carrot Seed Essential Oil is used in skincare to support cell regeneration. It is even used in the treatment of dark skin spots and discoloration. Carrot Seed is reported to have a high SPF and can be incorporated into your natural sun protection.
- Rotuma Massage Oil – This traditional Polynesian massage oil blend is an essential for keeping summer skin radiant. Blended on the island of Rotuma, this oil smells wonderful and nourishes skin that has been exposed to the intense elements of summer.
The Top 10 Summer Uses of Essential Oils
- Add a few drops of essential oil to a bowl of cool water and soak a handkerchief. Wrap the handkerchief around your neck or apply to forehead to cool the body down.
- Take a cool foot bath by adding a few drops of essential oil to a bowl or basin full of cool water. Soak your feet until you feel cool and invigorated.
- Spray hydrosols, or make water and essential oil sprays with your favorite cooling essential oils. Spray on skin to cool the body down.
- Diffuse the calming, cooling essential oils above in your home.
- Apply cooling oils such as Vetiver, Rose, Lavender on pulse points and top of the head, so your heat releases the essential oils into the space around you.
- Do self-massage with cooling, essential oils diluted in your favorite carrier oil.
- Apply a few drops of skin friendly essential oils, such as Lavender or Clary Sage, to a deodorant rock or directly under the arms for deodorant.
- Add essential oils such as Lavender and Helichrysum to aloe vera juice or gel and apply to sunburned skin after showering in cool water to soothe the inflammation.
- Mix Carrot Seed Essential Oil into Coconut oil for a simple sunscreen for brief sun exposure or as a nourishing after sun treatment (apply once skin has cooled from sun exposure- do not apply oils to skin that is still warm from sunburn).
These Essential Oils will make your Summer so much more enjoyable. Stay cool and relaxed.