If your skin is looking less than lively, try this gentle masque recipe. Blue chamomile restores a healthy oil balance and lessens inflammation, and rose otto beautifies and reduces redness. Sara Crow created it as an alternative to harsher exfoliation methods: “I’m not a fan of overdoing exfoliation. It sets up the complexion for hyper-pigmentation, reactivity and sensitivity, dryness, and some loss of barrier function. This masque gently dissolves surface dormant skin cells to reveal glowing skin.”
- Freshly ground organic fenugreek seeds, 1 TBSP
- Goat or sheep yogurt, 2-3 TBSP (coconut yogurt is okay too, but Sara finds that goat works best)
- Blue Chamomile Essential Oil, 1 drop
- Rose Otto Essential Oil, 1 drop
- Cellular Harmony Flower Essence Blend, 2 drops
Grind the fenugreek seeds in your coffee grinder or blender. Do not buy pre-ground seeds. Mix all ingredients and let sit for at least one hour; 2-3 hours is ideal for the masque to activate. Apply to face, neck, and décolletage and let sit for 30-45 minutes. You’ll find a radiant, life-filled complexion upon removal!