by Sara Crow, L.Ac.
“What a wonderful time of year; the nights are getting so fresh and cool. I thought I’d share a totally effective, simple and inexpensive herb combo to boost immunity, support respiratory health, and address cold and flu symptoms. If you are prone to frequent colds and flus, drink this throughout the winter and you’ll find it’s less of a problem. This works great to stop a full-blown cold, but is also awesome if you feel like you are in the beginning stages of getting sick: sore or itchy throat, neck feels tight and achy, and you feel run-down.”
– Tulsi herb (aka Holy or Sacred Basil)
– Fresh ginger root
– Harmonizes the digestive system
– Eases cramps, gas, and bloating
– Purifies the digestive tract and promotes a healthy microbiome
– Boosts immunity, especially gut immunity
1. On the stove, simmer slices of fresh ginger root in 4 cups of water for 5-8 minutes. Always covered. Use a big root; no need to peel.
2. Turn off heat. Pour in 1/2 cup of cut Tulsi herb. I know, it’s a lot! This should be brewed strong (ditch the tea bags). Cover and let steep for 15 mins. (I like Pacific Botanicals for super fresh dried herbs, we don’t want herbs that are years and years old. We need the plants to be full of lifeforce to work. Always look for organic or biodynamic.)
4. Personally, I like to add a few drops of Cellular Harmony flower essence blend.
5. Drink throughout the day. That’s it! Totally effective and inexpensive.