Date(s) - October 5, 2012-
October 7, 2012
Friday, Oct 5: free evening event, 7 – 9 pm.
Saturday, Oct 6: The Medicinal Uses of Essential Oils
Explore the basics of aromatherapy, the biology of flowers and the science of fragrance. Topics include:
• How essential oils work–their absorption and effects on the glandular, respiratory, nervous and circulatory systems
• How to use them safely and effectively
• How to create a home pharmacy of important essential oils and how to use them to calm the mind and body and enhance meditation.
• Learn about:
- Sacred scents such as frankincense and palo santo
- Floral relaxants such lavender and geranium
- Medicinal florals such as helichrysum and chamomile
- Antimicrobials such as tea tree
- Respiratory/immune enhancing oils such as conifers and eucalyptus
- Medicinal grasses such as lemongrass
- Attars and exotic flower preparations such as rose and jasmine
Sunday, Oct 7: Sacred Scents
Join us for a day of studying and sampling rare fragrant woods such as sandalwood, agarwood, cedar, and juniper; purifying resins such as frankincenses, myrrh and copal; intoxicating flowers such as roses, jasmines and saffron; and perfumed roots such as vetiver and jatamansi. We will learn the history, spiritual benefits and medicinal uses of some of the most powerful, exotic and renowned aromatic plants and sacred oils, including their applications for increasing concentration and memory, relaxation and meditation.
Participants will have the opportunity to sample and purchase Floracopeia essential oils.
Cost: $125 per day; $200 early registration (before Sept 15).
Location: Wellnest Studio; 125 Main Street
Sag Harbor, New York 11963
Contact: Emily Keogh; (631) 899 4600;