Date(s) - July 6, 2012-
July 8, 2012
Join David Crow for a weekend at The Lotus in Madrid, NM.
Saturday, July 7: The Medicinal Uses of Essential Oils
Explore the basics of aromatherapy, the biology of flowers and the science of fragrance. Topics include:
• How essential oils work–their absorption and effects on the glandular, respiratory, nervous and circulatory systems
• How to use them safely and effectively
• How to create a home pharmacy of important essential oils and how to use them to calm the mind and body and enhance meditation.
• Learn about:
- Sacred scents such as frankincense and palo santo
- Floral relaxants such lavender and geranium
- Medicinal florals such as helichrysum and chamomile
- Antimicrobials such as tea tree
- Respiratory/immune enhancing oils such as conifers and eucalyptus
- Medicinal grasses such as lemongrass
- Attars and exotic flower preparations such as rose and jasmine
Participants will have the opportunity to sample and purchase Floracopeia essential oils.
Sunday, July 8: Contemplative Aromatherapy
“Contemplative Aromatherapy” is an experiential approach to studying essential oils and their effects on body and mind using a combination of classical Buddhist meditation methods and Ayurvedic medical philosophy.
By studying essential oils in this contemplative way, we learn how they can transform consciousness and benefit emotional and spiritual wellbeing, enhance and deepen our awareness of the body/mind relationship, help us recognize the hidden dimensions of intelligence within the plants, and increase sensitivity to our biological unity with all beings.
Location: The Lotus; 12 Waldo Mesa Rd, Madrid, NM, 87010
Cost: Free Friday evening introduction, 7 – 10pm; Saturday and Sunday, $85 per day, $150 for the weekend; preregistration discount before 6/6: $125