Date(s) - October 3, 2013 - October 6, 2013
In the Garden of the Medicine Buddha: A Visionary Synthesis of Ecology, Medicine and Spirituality
With David Crow, Jai Dev Singh and Robert Thurman
The Medicine Buddha is renowned in Tibetan Buddhism as the supreme physician who heals sickness and suffering of the body and mind. Seated in the center of a mandalic garden of healing plants, the vision of Sange Menla offers many important symbolic teachings relevant to the modern world.
Join David Crow, Jai Dev Singh, and Robert Thurman for four days of study, meditation, sensory exploration and yoga dedicated to discovering the dimensions of ecological
spirituality represented by the Medicine Buddha and his healing realm.
• Vipassana Meditation and Biological Unity: How to experience direct bodily
awareness of interconnectedness with all beings through contemplating the five
elements, three humors and prana.
• The Medicine Buddha as healer of the environment: how medicinal plants and
holistic medical systems hold the key to environmental regeneration and poverty
• Discover the inner, outer and secret level teachings of the Medicine Buddha practice and mandala visualization.
• Ayurvedic Cosmology & Healing: The principles of Ayurveda illuminate the underlying laws of nature, both subtle and gross. Through a language that is simultaneously scientific and poetic, Ayurveda teaches us the secrets to health & vitality through heightened energy (prana) and awareness.
• Exploring the garden of healing: An intoxicating aromatic feast and multi-sensory tour of the herbs and essential oils found in the Medicine Buddha’s mandala, and their uses for personal health.
• The Yogi’s Medicine: A dynamic yoga practice utilizing the powerful kriyas and meditations of Kundalini Yoga and the teachings of Ayurveda. Yogic practices are taught through the lens of Ayurveda, and Ayurvedic teachings are experienced through the kriyas of Kundalini Yoga.
Location: Menla Mountain Retreat Center for Health and Happiness
375 Pantherkill Road
P.O. Box 70
Phoenicia, NY 12464
Phone: 845-688-6897 ext.0
For more information and to register: http://www.tibethouse.us/programs/full-calendar/view/672397/114